DALLAS – Dallas County and Parkland Health & Hospital System announced that the COVID-19 walk-up testing site located at Inspired Vision Compassion Center, 2019 N. Masters Drive, Dallas, TX 75217 close[d] at the end of business on Friday, July 10 and relocated to The Salvation Army’s Pleasant Grove Corps Community Center at 8341 Elam Road, Dallas 75217. The new testing site on Elam Road is scheduled to open at 7:30 am on Monday, July 13 and will operate Monday through Saturday from 7:30 am to 5 pm or until test capacity is reached.
Testing sites are offered in the Dallas area for anyone who might need it. No appointment is needed and testing is at no cost.
Two other walk-up test sites are operating at:
• Red Bird Mall/Westmoreland Park: 7222 S. Westmoreland Road, Dallas, TX 75237 Monday through Saturday, 7 am-3 pm or until testing limit is reached. (Closed on Sundays)
• Sam Tasby Middle School: 7001 Fair Oaks Avenue, Dallas, TX 75231 Monday through Saturday, 7 am-3 pm or until testing limit is reached. (Closed on Sundays)
Drive-through testing sites are located at:
• Ellis Davis Field House: 9191 S. Polk Street, Dallas, TX 75232 Monday through Saturday, 8 am-5 pm or until testing limit is reached. (Closed on Sundays)
• University of Dallas 1845 E Northgate Drive, Irving, TX 75062 Monday through Saturday, 8 am-5 pm or until testing limit is reached. (Closed on Sundays)
Testing criteria for those wanting to be tested include the following:
• Must have temperature of 99.6 or higher and shortness of breath or cough; OR
• Anyone 65-years-old or older; OR
• Anyone with chronic health issues (diabetes, asthma, heart issues, etc.); OR
• Any first responders, DART drivers, healthcare workers, grocery store and essential retail store workers; OR
• Persons without symptoms who have been actively engaged in large group settings, such as public gatherings or congregations of people, within the past 15 days.
If you are experiencing severe symptoms like those listed below, please proceed to the nearest hospital emergency room. Waiting at a testing facility when experiencing these symptoms could be dangerous:
• Trouble breathing
• Ongoing pain or pressure in your chest
• Shaking chills
• New confusion
• Difficulty staying awake
• Dizziness or feeling faint
• Bluish lips or face
For more information, call DCHHS at 214-819-2000 or visit https://www.dallascounty.org/departments/dchhs/2019-novel-coronavirus.php. For more information about Parkland Health & Hospital System and COVID-19 testing sites available for Parkland patients, visit www.parklandhospital.com