Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Superb Women

Superb Women February 2024

By Cheryl Smith
Texas Metro News

Our Superb Women!

Cheryl Smith

2021 was the “Year of the Woman,” especially the Black Woman! For 10 months, we dedicated this space to uplifting Black women and spreading a message that we need to show love and empower people with love instead of destroying them with hate and dis- respect. We celebrate Black Women and call them SUPERB! AND WE ARE KEEPING THE CELEBRATION GOING FOREVER! We love you Black Queens!

DR. JULIET UCHEOMA

Dr. Juliet Ucheoma is a Clinical Pharmacist | Herbalist | Public Health | Nonprofit Executive | Speaker | Consultant | Educator | Corporate Wellness Workshop Facilitator and mentor. A graduate of Florida A&M University, where she received a Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD); she has enjoyed stints as an Outpatient Pharmacy Manager at Baylor Scott & White Healthy, a Pharmacy Manager at CVS Health and an Assistant Pharmacy Manager at Publix Super Markets. She has licenses and certification in CRC Software Certification, Immunization with ASHP and Medication Therapy Management from United Latino Students Association

JASMINE OHEN

Jasmine Ohen

Jasmine Ohen is educating Women Entrepreneurs on the importance of leveraging their experiences to purposefully position people and partnerships to scale and sustain their businesses. As a startup coach, she helps social entrepreneurs build strategic plans to grow their business. The Programs & Community Architect at digital undivided, she was a board member of  the DEC Network, a business architect for Startup Solutions, executive director at Heel Yourself, an instructor for Teach For America, and as a training specialist at Ruffalo Noel Levitz. Jasmine received a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Dance from the University of Houston. Jasmine attended Lakeview Centennial High School in Garland.  Jasmine is highly respected and is strictly about taking care of business. 

DAWN BURKES

Dawn Burkes

Dawn Burkes is the Deputy Editor at the Los Angeles Times. A Magna Cum Laude graduate of Florida A&M University where she was Editor of Journey magazine; FAMUan school newspaper staff writer; Basileus – Gamma Alpha chapter, Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Inc.; Presidential Scholars Association; Golden Key Honor Society; Senator — Student Government Association; and member of the Residential Housing Association,  she also attended Albany State University.  She has also worked as On Air Host at AllOva Media, a copy editor at American Muslim Today, as an editorial and publishing coordinator at CINESTATE and FANGORIA, a writer and editor at The Dallas Morning News, and a page designer and editor at The Atlanta Journal-Constitution and USA Today.  Her resume also includes The Tallahassee Democrat and Miami Herald. 

MARIAN WILLARD

Marian Willard is a proud Dallas ISD graduate and obtained her undergraduate and graduate degrees from East Texas State University — now Texas A&M Commerce. A member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, she is the principal of James Madison High School. Marian has served in education for more than 45 years. She was an educator at W.W. Adamson High School for 17 years before becoming an assistant principal at Daniel Chappie James and Thomas Edison Learning Centers. She supports new principals and is the proud winner of the Finish Strong Campaign. A finalist for teacher of the year, Marian is also the owner of EZ Knowledge Educational Concepts.

TERESA WILLIAMS

Teresa Williams

Teresa Williams, M.Ed is who you want to talk with about self-care, leadership, personal growth, and emotional intelligence.  She has worked as an implementation strategist for FranklinCovey, an organizational effectiveness/emotional intelligence coach for Christi Monk and Associates, a senior organizational development consultant at JPS Health Network, and an educator at Mansfield ISD and Fort Worth ISD. Teresa received her BS Degree in Accounting from the University of North Texas and a Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction from Grand Canyon University. In addition to a coaching certificate from the Association for Talent Development, she has several teaching certificates from the TEA.  A member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, she is a proud, active member of the North Central Texas Alumnae Chapter.

MICHELYN WASHINGTON

Michelyn Washington

A graduate of Skyline High School, Michelyn Washington received her BBA Degree in Accounting at Texas A&M University and her MBA from Texas A&M University – Commerce. She’s a mortgage professional with more than a decade of experience in finance, technology, reconciliation, analysis, projects, and training. Before coming to Chase, she enjoyed stints at JP Morgan, EMC Mortgage, Washington Mutual, and First Horizon Home Loans. Actively involved and engaged, Michelyn is committed, and supportive.  She is a member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority,  and she served as treasurer of the Urban League of Greater Dallas Young Professionals.

RACHEL CARDELL

Rachel Cardell

Rachel Cardell is the owner of C-Rachel 1$t Tax Solutions LLC. A graduate of South Oak Cliff High School, she also attended Cedar Valley College where she studied criminal justice. A digital creator, she also studied Homeland Security and Emergency Management at Colorado Technical University. A go-getter, Rachel is smart, intuitive, organized, and a consummate professional. It’s that time of year and she prides herself on taking care of her clients.

Check her out at https://c-rachel1sttaxsolutions.taxwisemobile.com/

ROBERTA REED BROWN

Roberta Reed Brown is enjoying life as a wife, retiree, mom, and grandmother. She recently celebrated 50 years as a member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority. Initiated Fall 1973 at Iota Mu Chapter, Northwestern State University where she received her BS in Business, this member of Antioch Fellowship MBC is a retired Tax Accountant. She is a true community servant, volunteering with Meals on Wheels, Ronald McDonald House, Antioch Cares Ministry, and American Heart Association for Red Women Luncheon; sponsoring Emmanuel and the Gisagara Community in Rwanda; writing letters to legislators on Issues; and participating in Breast Cancer Walks. A songbird who loves sewing, baking, cooking, attending and watching Dallas Mavericks games, and hanging out with family and friends; Roberta’s beautiful smile lights up any room.

EMELDA MARTIN

emelda martin

Emelda Martin believes in her faith, family, and service.  An independent food & beverages professional, Emelda Martin is a wife, mother, and grandmother who has been married for almost 60 years. She attended Jack Yates High School in Houston and later studied at San Jacinto College. Family support and leadership make this matriarch a joy to be around as she provides a strong foundation for her family.  Oftentimes appearing quiet and unassuming, her strength is evident as she leads with love, compassion, and wisdom. She is also politically engaged and involved.  Yes, she is going to vote in every election. She also can also be seen on the job, working the polls. 

DR. SHAY BILLS

Dr. Shay Bills

The founder and CEO of SEB Ministries and Enterprises, Dr. Shay Bills was born and raised in Paris, Texas. This wife and mother is a powerful speaker, teacher, and motivator. A natural educator, Evangelist Bills has a Bachelor’s degree in English, and a Master’s degree in Education Administration with Principal Certification from Texas A&M University in Commerce. She taught high school English for eight years and has experience as an Assistant Principal. The Evangelist is a Texas Licensed Realtor with Century 21 Harvey Properties and Lighthouse Learning Daycare Center owner with Directors’ Credentials from the State of Oklahoma. The author of Is Your Ghost Holy? Eight Principles for Evaluating Your Walk in the Spirit, she is an entrepreneur at heart. She is also the founder and director of ZION Daughters, a mentoring program for young girls.

JANELLE TAYLOR

Janelle Taylor

Janelle Taylor is a realtor, education advocate, nonprofit leader, Bible speaker and CEO of Janellle Taylor Homes. A licensed real estate agent at Tanika Donnell Realty – Affordable & Luxury Home Experts, Janelle received her Bachelor of Applied Science from the University of North Texas at Dallas, studied at Texas A&M University -Central Texas, and pursued a Master of Education from Prairie View A&M University. Hailing from Los Angeles, CA., Janelle’s professional demeanor, knowledge of the industry and commitment to serving her clients make her a joy to work with.  Check her out at www.janelletaylorhomes.com.  You’ll be glad you did!

PAMELA SIMON

Pamela Simon

Pamela Simon is living her best life as a retiree.  Hailing from Lufkin, TX., she attended Wilmer-Hutchins High School. Spiritually grounded and always greeting folks with a smile, Pamela encourages everyone to stay focused. She is full of life, stylish and faith, and family-focused.  Pamela is smart, beautiful, and loving — that’s why people like having her around! She’s health conscious and also knows and shares the importance of voting. A cause she champions is breast cancer awareness and prevention. And yes, she is a fan of the Dallas Cowboys! 

CYNTHIA CARLISLE FIELDS

Cynthia Carlisle Fields

Cynthia Carlisle Fields is a published author who has most recently focused on children’s books. She received her Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism from San Diego State where she worked as a news broadcaster at KCR, the on-campus radio station.  She’s interested in arts and culture, civil rights and social action, education, the environment, and health. Cynthia hosted a writer’s conference and mentors new writers. She’s passionate about writing and is always looking for opportunities to create stories.  She’s the co-author of “Being A Girl Is Your Superpower” available NOW on Amazon!

TERI TOBIN

Teri Tobin

She’s beautiful, smart and resourceful. 

A graduate of Chaffey High School, the Howard University alum received her Associate’s Degree in Sociology from Mesa Community College and her Bachelor’s Degree in non-profit /public/organizational management from Arizona State University.  Beautiful, smart, talented and resourceful, Teri is an employment professional with a wealth of experience and wisdom. The CEO of Sōl 2 Kēp Entertainment LLC; she has enjoyed stints as a career advisor for Maricopa County; employment specialist at Copa Health, and financial technical support at Convergys; to name a few.  Teri loves to volunteer and she has mentored youth at the Narthex Youth Center and ACT-SO Newark Branch for decades.

CHARLOTTE BECKWITH

charlotte beckwith

Charlotte Beckwith is Dallas’ finest. A graduate of David. W. Carter High School she is a funeral director and preneed agent at Golden Gate Funeral Home. She is also a licensed Insurance Agent for The State Of Texas.

Affectionately called, “Poo,” Charlotte is an entrepreneur and graduate of the Dallas Funeral Institute.  She’s also a television and radio personality, on “Ask the Undertaker.”  Charlotte is a Sunday School teacher, and Choir Director at The Right Way Church. Stylish with a vibrant personality, Charlotte is caring, efficient, and spiritually grounded.  Family-oriented, faith-focused, and committed to service, Charlotte is a joy to be around and she is widely respected.

STEPHANIE COLE

Stephanie Cole

Stephanie Cole is a speaker, daughter, mother, grandmother, and Chef! In addition to attending Bryan Adams, James Madison, and Lincoln Humanities and Communications Magnet High Schools; she studied at Dallas College – Richland Campus; and she studied interior design and fashion decor at Columbia College, in addition to studying early childhood education at the University of Houston. Currently she is the owner of Pinson & Cole’s Gourmet Pickles. Definitely spiritually grounded, Stephanie has enjoyed stints as a teacher in DISD, bus driver for Dallas County Schools, and UPS driver. And she has a birthday coming up on March2!

KIMBERLEE C. DAVIS

kimberlee davis

Kimberlee C. Davis has a lot to cheer about these days. Hailing from Kansas City, she definitely cheered for her team in the Super Bowl and today is her birthday! A former investigator at Snoop’nSista Pl Genealogy, Kimberlee studied information Assurance at Richland College. She received her Associate’s Degree at El Centro College and she also attended the University of North Texas where she received a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Affairs and Community Service. An active member of the Alpha Xi Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Kimberlee is a longtime advocate of providing families with affordable housing opportunities while promoting homeownership opportunities.

BRIANNA RICHARDSON

Brianna Richardson

Brianna Richardson describes herself as a sentient coffee machine in the morning, artist by night, and your local nerdy assistant during business hours. She is passionate about art, design, music, and the business side of the creative process. She attended Mesquite High School and received a Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science from the University of North Texas and a Bachelor of Applied Science in Graphic Information Technology from Arizona State University. In addition to working as a shift supervisor at Starbucks, Brianna has enjoyed stints as a Data Entry Operator at USCIS and an Administrative Assistant at the University of North Texas.

DR. LAVERN HOLYFIELD

Dr. Lavern Holyfield

Dr. Lavern Holyfield was the first African American to graduate from Baylor School of Dentistry! A 50-year member of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Dr. Lavern is chair of the Faculty Development Committee (FDC) at Texas A&M University School of Dentistry where she is directly responsible for oversight, planning and implementation of initiatives to foster professional development and skills enhancement among the faculty. On July 1, 2023, she became the 35th President of the South Dallas Business and Professional Women’s Club, Inc. and she has served in several leadership positions including National Vice President. A true servant leader!

ARLETTE HAWKINS

Arlette Hawkins

Arlette Hawkins attended Henrico High School and studied at North Carolina A&T State University earning a bachelor’s degree in Journalism & Mass Communication and a master’s degree in Interactive Media from Elon University. She is a member of the National Association of Black Journalists and a Digital Content Editor. Arlette has worked as an Associate Digital Content Producer at Pace; a television news producer at WFMY News 2; and an administrative assistant at Westminster Canterbury Richmond. A member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Arlette held numerous leadership positions while in college, and most recently she became a program manager at Morehouse College.

JOYCELYN MEDLOCK PRICE

Joycelyn Medlock Price

Joycelyn Medlock Price is an EEO Advocate, Mediator, and workshop Facilitator at The Medlock Group. She attended F.D. Roosevelt and South Oak Cliff High Schools and also. She received a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology & Sociology w/Biology minor at Adams State College and a Master’s degree in education and counseling from Prairie View A&M University. An officer of the South Dallas Business & Professional Women’s Club, Inc., Joycelyn is a born leader and team player. She is focused and committed. Family is important to Joycely and she is loyal and loving.

BRANDI LEDET

Brandi Ledet

Brandi Ledet is the Director of Fund Development at Houston Area Urban League. With more than 15 years of experience with major events and stakeholder management, she can cultivate new and existing relationships with donors, corporate sponsors, vendors, volunteers, and local and national organizations. The College Park High School graduate is a graduate of the University of Houston with a Bachelor of Business Administration Degree, she also attended Prairie View A&M University where she studied Biology. She has worked in leadership positions at Interfaith Ministries for Greater Houston, Melissa Krauser Events Free to Dream Center, Asia Society Texas Center, and The Sterling Group.

ANN SCALES

ann scales

Ann Scales is the director of media relations at the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.  A former Director of communications at Boston Public Health Commission, former Director of communications at the University of Massachusetts President’s Office, and former White House Correspondent and Style Editor/Living  Editor at The Boston Globe; Ann hails from St. Louis where she attended Beaumont High.  She studied political science and journalism at Macalester College. A dynamic reporter and writer, Ann Scales does not play.  She is about taking care of business and that was what she did when she was in the D/FW.

NEISHA STRAMBLER-BUTLER

neisha strambler -butler

Neisha Strambler-Butler is senior vice president of human resources at McKesson. Hailing from Midland, TX., Neisha holds bachelor’s degrees in Accounting and Organizational Behavior Studies & Business Policy from Southern Methodist University where she joined Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority and was a cheerleader. She received an MBA from Northeastern University and pursued a Masters of Organization Development from Pepperdine Business School. A devoted wife and mother, she serves on the advisory board of Project Unity and is a founding member of the Texas Women’s Foundation Village Giving Circle. Neisha is loving, kind, and supportive. Possessing a beautiful spirit, she is a joy to be around and a valued contributor and leader in any group or project that she is involved in.

KRYSTAL HOPTON

Krystal Hopton

Krystal Hopton is a transformational leader, healthcare executive, business development expert, and strategic Thinker.  The Vice President of Physician Solutions at AMN Healthcare, she has extensive experience in the healthcare arena; namely as Director of Business Development & Physician Relations at St. Luke’s Health, Business Development & Marketing Specialist at Houston Methodist, and Physician Liaison at Memorial Hermann Health System. She attended Prairie View A&M University, received her BA in Communication Studies from the University of Houston, MBA and Masters of Health /Health Care Administration/Management from Texas Woman’s University. Krystal is a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority.

EVELYN JONES-REED

Evelyn jones reed

Evelyn Jones-Reed is Multi-Award winning playwright, director, producer, singer, actress, photographer and entrepreneur who is the CEO of W G Ministries Theatrical Productions. Hailing from Flagstaff, Arizona where she attended Flagstaff High School she also attended Paul Laurence Dunbar High School in Fort Worth. She studied Theatre and Dramatic Arts at the University of Texas at Arlington. This multi-talented diva is a joy to be around and her creative abilities are superb as she brings out the best in everyone she works with. Stay tuned because you are going to be seeing a lot more from her in the future!

N’ZURI ZA AUSTIN

N’Zuri Za Austin is the founder and managing director of Roar in The Rock Films.  She is a creative and imaginative filmmaker with experience in writing, directing, and producing features, shorts, and web stories.

She has honed her craft at Third Eye Pictures, Watchmen Media Productions, and The Vini Vegas Show. N’Zuri was the 3rd Annual American Black Film Festival (ABFF) Screenplay Competition Winner. N’Zuri received her degree in Mass Communication and Media Studies from The University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

MANTEQUILLA SHA’LEIGH GREEN

Mantequilla Sha’Leigh Green is the Academic dean/principal in Austin ISD.  Hailing from Whitehouse, TX,  and data analyst  at Fort Worth ISD.  She is a former AP Literature and Composition Teacher for Dallas ISD. A teacher, mentor, and coach, Mantequilla is a graduate of Arp High School, she studied Journalism and Psychology at the University of Texas at Arlington, and received her M.Ed. Educational Leadership at Texas Woman’s University and her Doctor of Education in Transformational Leadership from Concordia University Texas.

She has also been a journalism advisor at Irving ISD and English Department Chair at Texans Can. She’s passionate and well-prepared. 

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

TAYLOR L. COLE APR

Taylor L. Cole APR

She received Bachelor’s Degrees in Broadcast Journalism and Social Science from Southern Methodist University before continuing to receive a Master’s Degree in Dispute Resolution. 

Taylor has an extensive background in volunteering, offering her services to Valley Creek Church, her alma mater’s Public Affairs Advisory Board, Global Heart Ministries, American Diabetes Association, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Dallas Life Homeless Shelter and PRSA; where she held numerous positions locally and nationally. Taylor is a consultant, VP of Communications & PR with Solutionz, and she works as a television and podcast host and executive producer for SpeakUP TV, Hotel Hunt TV and, as always, she is busy making moves and spreading information.

IMM Mask Promos

I Messenger Media Radio Shows