Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

News

South Oak Cliff, DeSoto, Duncanville All Reach State Football Title Games

By Dorothy J. Gentry
Sports Editor

It was an exciting weekend of football for three local teams who all find themselves in familiar territory.

South Oak Cliff High School, the 2021 5A, Division II Champions, is heading back to the state championship for the second year in a row after beating Argyle in Fort Worth on Friday night, 14-6 in the state semifinals.

The Golden Bears (12-3) will play for a second straight 5A, Division II state title in the championship game at 7 p.m. Friday at AT&T Stadium. They will take on Port Neches Grove (13-2).

Across town, the DeSoto High School Eagles are celebrating their return to the state championship, six years after winning its only title in 2016.

On Saturday the Eagles defeated nationally ranked Denton Guyer 47-28 in the state 6A Division II state semifinals at The Star at Ford Center in Frisco, Texas. 

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

DeSoto (15-0) will play Vandegrift on Saturday, Dec. 17th at 3 p.m. at AT&T Stadium for the 6A Division 2 title.

And Saturday night, the Duncanville High School Panthers (14-0) manhandled Prosper, defeating them in a blowout 41-0 to reach the 6A Division I championship game. They will play North Shore on Saturday, Dec. 17th at 7 p.m. at AT&T Stadium.

IMM Mask Promos

I Messenger Media Radio Shows