Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

News

Alphas Recognize Humanitarians and Raise Scholarship Funds

From Staff Reports

Elsie Cooke-Holmes
Elsie Cooke-Holmes

The Alpha Sigma Lambda Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity and Alpha Merit Group Committee will hold its annual C.C. Russeau Black & Gold Scholarship Gala, Saturday, October 22, 2022, 7:00p.m., at the Hilton Anatole, Dallas.

This year’s recipients of Humanitarian Awards are A. Shonn Brown, Elsie Cooke-Holmes, Felicia Frazier, and Trina Terrell-Andrews.

A. Shonn Brown. Shonn is recognized as a corporate and community leader for her strategic planning, risk management, governance and advocacy skills. She is a seasoned litigation and trial attorney with over 20 years of experience as a trusted and influential business advisor. Since 2019, she has been the chief global litigation counsel for Kimberly-Clark Corporation, a $19 billion-dollar consumer packaged goods company. In this role, Shonn also advises on matters of public policy.

Felicia Frazier
Felicia Frazier

Shonn is an active leader in the legal profession with extensive service on the Dallas Bar Association Board of Directors, where she has led the development of a leadership program for women lawyers and has held the positions of Secretary-Treasurer and Vice-Chair.

Shonn’s business leadership has been recognized numerous times, including by D CEO as one of the top 500 business leaders in Dallas and by the Dallas Business Journal for both their Top Women in Business and Top Minorities in Business awards. Shonn Brown is an alumna of Southern Methodist University where she received both her Bachelor of Science and Juris Doctorate degrees and has been recognized as a Distinguished Alumna of both the Law School (2016) and the University (2022).

Elsie Cooke-Holmes is a native of Jackson, TN and currently resides in the D/FW Metroplex. Both her personal life and professional career have been distinguished by her background of public service and community involvement.

A. Shonn Brown
A. Shonn Brown

She is currently Principal/Owner of Cooke-Holmes, LLC, a firm offering executive, leadership and career coaching and human resources consulting, specializing in leadership development and change management. Elsie’s career in corporate America spans over 30 years. She was employed by Texas Instruments and Andersen Consulting prior to joining PepsiCo.

Felicia Frazier is the founder and Executive Director of The Chocolate MINT Foundation. She is an innovative thinker with 10 years of experience in nonprofit. She is a motivator and mentor, moving people to stability and self-sufficiency. Felicia is a vocal advocate for African Americans living in poverty in southern Dallas County and neighboring areas.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

An influential highly regarded professional, mentor and a person of integrity, she relates well with adults, adolescents, youth and children. A caring leader, ready to face the challenges ahead she has dedicated her life to serving others.

Trina Terrell-Andrews
Trina Terrell-Andrews

For more than a decade, Trina Terrell-Andrews has managed the daily operations of the Mark Cuban Heroes Basketball Center. She has worked with her team to launch a year-round internship co-ed program for high school and college students for the past 10 years. She also launched the Suit Up Experience six years ago for young men ages 15-25.

Trina has worked closely with their kids and families to offer student led programs.

Programs that reflect the interest of the students, from sports to career development to team building.

Trina is a retired journalist who started her journalism career at the age of 14 interning for The Dallas Weekly and The Dallas Morning News. After graduating from high school, Trina attended Grambling State University on a journalism scholarship.

For ticket information, log on to https://dallasalphas.com/event-4894087.

IMM Mask Promos

I Messenger Media Radio Shows