Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Local News

KICKIN’ IT WITH KENDALL GAYLE: Seniors, we are almost there!

By Kendall Gayle Washington
Editor-in-Chief

Seniors

Attention all seniors: this is a year you will never forget. If there is something that you have always wanted to do, it’s your last year so go for it because if you don’t, you will regret it. Go to all the games and school dances, because it is your last chance to do so.

Dear Class of 2023,

We have almost made it, May 2023 will be here before we know it. Our freshman year was cut short, by what we thought was going to be a two week break. Instead it turned into a global pandemic. Staying at home gave us the opportunity to learn more about ourselves and grow. Most if not everyone came back to school the following year their true authentic selves.

If you still have not figured out what exactly your true authentic self is, it’s okay. My freshman year I knew there was room to grow, but I did not realize how much.

I am so proud of the person I am today. When I look back at old pictures, I am reminded of the roadblocks I faced. While it makes me sad, I then come to realize how it made me stronger and I persevered.

There have been times throughout our high school careers when we almost gave up, but we kept pushing. High School, is only the beginning but it gets better. The world is waiting for us and we are ready. We will face challenges but high school prepared us.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

It is not graduation yet, so there are many things we will learn in due time. When you ever begin to doubt yourself remember, we were all 8th-graders that turned into mature young men and women.

IMM Mask Promos

I Messenger Media Radio Shows