Free Summer Tech Program Seeks Dallas Teens 

Free Summer Tech Program

From Staff Reports

A technology program that teaches high school students STEM-based skills is coming to Dallas. 

Charlotte-based Youth Technology Apprenticeship Cohort (YTAC) taught hundreds of students and recent high school graduates digital skills such as coding and video game design which has changed the course of their professional lives.

Many who have completed the program went on to land paid internships with major companies like Bank of America, Wells Fargo and LendingTree. Others were able to find employment in select fields with starting salaries of $55,000 a year.

“YTAC has helped hundreds of high school kids from around the country see a new future,” said Tariq Bokhari, executive director of Carolina FinTech Hub, which runs YTAC. “This is about finding folks that don’t have opportunities and getting them excited about a new door that once they open, they learn a whole new world exists.”

YTAC is in such demand, it’s expanding to 14 cities, including Dallas. High school students and recent graduates are encouraged to apply at https://stiegleredtech.org/ytac. The deadline is June 13.