REP. JOHNSON INVITES TWO NORTH TEXAS LAW STUDENTS TO HISTORIC SUPREME COURT CONFIRMATION HEARING

Eddie Bernice Johnson
Eddie Bernice Johnson

Washington, D.C. —Congresswoman Eddie Bernice Johnson (TX-30) said she has invited two students from the University of North Texas at Dallas College of Law to attend Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson’s third day of confirmation hearings on Wednesday, March 23. 

“Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson’s nomination to the Supreme Court is an extraordinary milestone for our country,” said Congresswoman Johnson. “And I am proud that these students will have the opportunity to attend her confirmation hearing and witness history in the making.”

Mr. Jeffrey M. O’Neal is a Candidate for Juris Doctor (2022), Chair of the Southwest Region of the National Black Law Students Association (’21-’22), and a Community Engagement Ambassador at UNT Dallas College of Law.

Mr. Henry Williams IV is a Candidate for Juris Doctor (2023), former 1E and 2E Class Representative of the Student Bar Association, and Attorney General and ’22-’23 Vice Chair-elect of the Southwest Region of the National Black Law Students Association. Both students have been instrumental in the UNT Dallas Black Law Students Association’s “Pass Her the Gavel” campaign, which has advocated for Judge Jackson’s nomination and promoted a fair confirmation process.

“We would first like to thank and express our gratitude to Congresswoman Johnson for this historic opportunity,” said Mr. O’Neal and Mr. Williams. “As we walk around the Capitol in the path blazed by the footsteps of our Grandparents, the magnitude of Judge Jackson’s eventual confirmation is not lost on us. We are here to see the future for our daughters Paris, Reid, and Mahalia secured by someone who, for the first time ever, looks like them.”